"At its core, this book does what good books do- have you start from page 1 again upon its conclusion. A good purchase and a great first title by Casey Rislov."
"Time Together, Time Well Spent features a valuable positive moral as well as inspiration for enjoyable family activities,and is highly receommended."
WINNER: Won Ton : A Cat Tale Told in Haiku – Lee Wardlaw/illustrated by Eugene Yelchin
RUNNER-UP: Emmy Budd and the Scarlet Scarf – Jean Blasiar
- Quickly’s Magical Pancake Adventure – Jeryl Abelmann/Miriam Kronish/illustrated by Chason Matthams
- The King Who Wanted a Whale – Hal Holbrook
- Time Together, Time Well Spent! – Casey Rislov/illustration by Stephen Adams
- The Blue Lobster – Robin Taylor-Chiarello/illustrated by Lisa Bohart
- The Umbrella Race – Gerry Thomas
- The Firehouse Light – Janet Nolan/illustrated by Marie Lafrance
- Melinda: A Mostly Magnificent moose – Daniel Burch Fiddler
- The Magic Spoon – Richard DeFabio
- Beatrice Pigeon goes to Mexico – Lisa Young/Illustrations by Joan Neath
- The Adventures of Best, the Water Buffalo – Voleak Srey Gibb/illustrations by Samreach Chey Touch
- A Friend Like John – Suzanne B. Bartlett, MD
- My Horse Samson – Ashley Ball
Mom encourages families to spend more time together
We’re all guilty of it. It’s easy to get obsessed with our laptops, video games, iPods and smartphones. But Casey Rislov says family time creates stronger relationships and bonds. In her new children’s book, Time Together, Time Well Spent!, Rislov encourages today’s family to get outside and for good old fashioned quality time.
“We did a lot as a family growing up,” says Rislov. “These are very fond memories as we found different activities to do together like water skiing, camping and boating. Games always brought a competitive or silly side to everyone.”
Time Together, Time Well Spent! encourages family members to spend more time together in order to stay close and emotionally connected. The time will allow children and their parents to bond in a way that’s meaningful and lasting.
“I cherish all the time I do spend with my friends and family,” Rislov says. “I love taking the time to talk over a good meal, go on an outdoor adventure, play a game or just make them smile.”
Rislov says, after reading Time Together, Time Well Spent!, children will understand that family time is filled with amazing adventures. And, the book is a helpful guide that shows families how to start conversations with children to teach them family time is central to their development and maturity.
Time Together, Time Well Spent! shows modern families that ditching technology for a period of time in exchange for traditional ways of having fun is important when it comes to keeping a family close.
Time Together, Time Well Spent!
By Casey Rislov
Paperback 8.5x11, retail price: $11.99
Available at www.amazon.com and www.barnesandnoble.com .
About the author
Casey Rislov’s passion has always been with children. In her early teenage years, she began teaching swimming lessons. During her late college years, Rislov began assistant coaching swimming and downhill skiing. Eventually, she moved into the classroom to teach both elementary and preschool. Rislov’s most recent career has been in early childhood special education. She received her master’s degree in Elementary Education from Montana State University. Rislov found a renewed sense of love for children's books as soon as she entered the classroom. She and her family live in Casper, Wyoming.