The Selfies Book Awards U.S.
March 23, 2021
The prize for the winning author is $1,000 cash plus a $5,000 advertising package consisting of print and digital marketing in Publishers Weekly. The winning title will also be featured at trade shows and promoted to 30,000 librarians.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The promoters are BookLife, LLC, and its parent company, Publishers Weekly, LLC, both located at 49 West 23rd Street, Ninth Floor, New York, NY 10010, and BookBrunch Ltd. Registered address 2nd Floor, Beaumont House, 1b Lambton Road, London SW20 0LW (‘the Promoters’).
- These Terms and Conditions apply to the Selfies Book Awards U.S. competition (‘the U.S. Selfies’) with an opening date of January 1, 2021 (‘the Opening Date’), and a closing date of February 28, 2021 (‘the Closing Date’).
- All entries received after the Closing Date are automatically disqualified.
- No responsibility can be accepted by the Promoters for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The competition is open to any author over 18 years of age who has self-published an adult or children's fiction title 100,000 words in length or less in the U.S. between January 1, 2020, and December 31, 2020, and who is currently resident in the U.S. For the purposes of the U.S. Selfies, a book is considered self published if its author has undertaken the editing, design and marketing for their book themselves, or has paid for all or more than half of these publishing expenses through a hybrid publisher.
- Employees or contractors of the Promoters or involved in the running of the U.S. Selfies are not eligible for the prize.
- The entry fee is $50.
- By entering the U.S. Selfies, an entrant is indicating their agreement to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and BookLife's Terms and Conditions.
- To enter the U.S. Selfies, entrants must submit their self-published title according to the instructions on the website as a Word document, PDF or EPUB file. All other details required by the Promoters for each submission must also be provided.
- Entries submitted in any other way will not be accepted; the Promoters reserve the right to reject any entries for any reason at their sole discretion and will refund the full entry fee for any rejected entries.
- Entries must not infringe the copyright of anyone else and entrants will hold the Promoters harmless from any claims in relation to their entry that may infringe the personal or proprietary right of any other person.
- The shortlisted entrants will be contacted at the end of the preliminary judging period via email to the email address provided and will be announced on or around April 20, 2021, via BookLife and the Selfies Book Awards U.S. websites.
- The Promoters reserve the right to cancel or amend the U.S. Selfies at any stage if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control. If the U.S. Selfies is cancelled, the entry fees will be refunded. Any changes to the U.S. Selfies or to these Terms and Conditions will be announced via the website www.selfiesbookawards.com.
- The Promoters are not responsible for any inaccurate U.S. Selfies details supplied to any entrant by any third party.
- The competition winners will be chosen by a panel of judges appointed by the Promoters.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner of the U.S. Selfies will be announced on Saturday, June 26, 2021, at the American Library Association’s Annual Conference in Chicago, IL. Shortlisted authors will be invited to the ceremony, but no expenses will be paid apart from free entrance to the Conference.
- The Award prize is as stated and no cash or alternatives will be offered.