BookLife's Top Self-Publishing Stories of 2014
Here's a look back at the 10 most popular self-publishing stories of 2014.This year BookLife covered all corners of the self-publishing world, everything from our annual preview of the industry to how-to pieces about e-book services and designing book covers. Here are the 10 most popular stories on BookLife in 2014.
10. A Look Ahead to Self-Publishing in 2014
One thing industry experts all agree on: 2014 is an exciting time to be in self-publishing.
9. What Every Indie Author Needs to Know About E-Books
The e-book landscape is shifting and authors who stay current will find rich opportunities.
8. Scratch That Itch: Indie Authors Deliver Erotica
The freedom of self-publishing also allows erotica authors to sway with what’s popular. If a particular piece is doing well, there’s nothing to stop an author from running with it.
7. DIY: How to Price a Self-Published E-Book
Setting a book’s price requires some creativity on the part of the author.
6. Which E-Book Publisher Is Right for You?
We’ve rounded up the various e-book publishing services for you to contrast and compare.
5. Writers Who Rocked Self-Publishing
PW checks in with three writers who saw significant success with their self-published books.
4. Surprising Self-Publishing Statistics
Some statistics from two recent self-publishing surveys are starting to shake up conventional wisdom about indie authors -- at least a little.
3. Six Great Blogs for Indie Authors
All of these blogs can have a huge, positive impact on your self-publishing success if you let them.
2. My Self-Publishing Journey: On Becoming an Indie Author
Indie author Paige Crutcher: "I decided it was time to let go of the stigma on self-publishing and put my career first."
1. DIY: How to Design an Indie Book Cover
The first step for any author looking for a great cover is to get some outside help.