BookLife's Most-Read Stories of 2017
We take a look back at the most-clicked stories from the past 12 months.This year, our top-five stories feature writers' conferences, book review guides, and author awards.
5. DIY: Book Awards for Self-Published Authors
With hundreds of thousands of self-published books hitting the shelves every year, indie authors need to find a way to stand out. Book awards are one way to do that.
4. Seven Finalists for 2017 BookLife Prize Announced
Seven books—six novels and a memoir—were named finalists for the 2017 BookLife Prize. Each book was selected by an award-winning or bestselling author who served as a guest judge in one of seven genres.
3. The Indie Author's Guide to Customer Reviews
How indie authors can turn that discouraging “no customer reviews yet” message into a smattering of star ratings and commentary.
2. The Indie Author's Guide to Free Reviews
These online resources help authors connect with bloggers and writers who review indie books for free.
1. Writers Conferences, Festivals, and Book Fairs in 2017
Our annual look of book fairs and conferences for indie authors.