- A young man indexes his memoirs into a concordance, creating a media sensation as millions of readers jockey to decode his unpublished life story.
- A man constructs his new girlfriend from scraps of photos collected off the Internet.
- A shortwave radio threatens to demolish a South Pacific island culture's traditions.
- Two Americans in a sleepy Mediterranean seaside town witness a bizarre annual ritual performed by the locals.
- A professional obituary writer's last request: to have his own obituary published upon his death.
Jim Nelson introduces you to these characters and more in A Concordance of One's Life, a collection of ten short stories that ride the fine edge of what's possible and what lays just beyond, all while remaining intensely personal, quietly human, and deftly enjoyable.