Melina Druga interviewed nearly 100 female entrepreneurs and asked them several career defining questions including the one people don’t talk about: Did you struggle when starting your business?
The businesswomen did not disappoint, speaking candidly about failure as well as success, self doubt and what the process of launching a business taught them.
Despite coming from various walks of life and different regions of the world, the women experienced similar struggles and learned comparable lessons.
In addition, the majority were mothers, some even grandmothers, who needed to strike a balance between business and family, and most did not start their professional careers with the intent of becoming small-business owners.
In Enterprising Women: Practical Advice for First Time Entrepreneurs, you will read advice on:
- Women and business ownership
- Discovering what type of business to open
- The importance of business planning
- Support during difficult times
- Asking for help
- Taking care of yourself
You’ll also read about:
- What the process of starting a business taught the entrepreneurs
- Struggles the entrepreneurs faced
- The advice they give you as you begin your entrepreneurial journey