Stress, anxiety, depression, trauma, bullying, and burnout have all become "accepted realities" of the modern workplace. This book will unpack contemporary workplace realities, educate you about PTSD, and help you build your personalized recovery plan for transformation and recovery.
This recovery program has six core purposes:
- Validate your current situation. This recovery program begins by validating your experiences and breaking through any denial you may be experiencing by examining all the ways you could be traumatized at work.
- Identify your realities. Once you understand how you've been traumatized, you'll learn about how PTSD develops and how to break through the defences that protect you from the painful experiences you're facing.
- Understand workplace PTSD. Armed with a deeper understanding of what PTSD is, how it develops, and how you react to trauma, you will be able to identify the support you'll need to heal and recover.
- Build your recovery team and develop your action plan. Useful tools and techniques will help you connect with and build your team of support professionals and advocates. Once you begin working with your team, you'll start the recovery process by acquiring a set of skills and techniques to help you weather the storm and begin healing.
- Grieve, mourn, and let go. Recovery will take you on a journey of grieving, mourning, and letting go, which will transport you to a new sense of calm and acceptance. I'll break down this journey into the stages you'll travel through to get to the other side.
- Maintain your recovery. Finally, I'll share helpful ways to maintain your recovery, manage setbacks with compassion, and track your progress so you can proactively navigate the inevitably choppy waters as you continue your healthy and productive recovery.
Recovering from Workplace PTSD is divided into four sections from self-discovery to recovery. Some of the sections may be more relevant to you and your situation than others. You can dip in wherever you like because each section stands alone.
Second edition published in October.