Are you living your life, or acting out your story?
Do you have an inner critic? One that misguides, bullies and torments? Giving voice to bad habits and disabling beliefs, fears, or regrets?
If so, you’ve met the inner asshole, and this book is for you. Especially if -
- Dealing with your inner critic resembles an insane, never-ending game of whack-a-mole. A stream of consciousness that just won’t stop.
- You get stuck in “replay”—lost in old arguments, insults still felt and regrets that continue to hurt. Or tormented by anxiety over what might happen in the future.
- You are your own worst critic.
- Your inner voices talk you into poor choices.
- Racing thoughts interrupt your sleep.
Don’t be bullied by your inner asshole. Using the latest evidence-based research as a guide, change the patterns, mute the voices, and overcome the pull of unwanted habits.
Live the story you want to tell. Learn the secrets of world-class asshole-whisperers, today!
Perfectly balanced book.
First of all, I love the cover and the title. It immediately catches the eye and you have a good idea of what are you getting into. The author explores the idea of the inner voice that we all have and how we can self-sabotage with it. It is basically a self-help book, but more focused on the popular psychology angle. That suited my taste in books and I found it a perfect balance between cheesy you-can-do-it self-help and a hardcore psychology manual. The writing is simple, addictive and the whole book is a breeze to read. If you are into the whole idea of hacking your brain to become a more efficient human, this is for you.
Just one month after its release, self-help psychology book "The Voice in my Head is an Asshole" made #1 in its category on the Amazon Best Sellers list today.
Described by an Amazon Hall of Fame Top 100 reviewer as "one of the most helpful guides this reader has encountered," the book is available now in electronic and paperback.